It is To Laugh in Toronto

It is To Laugh in Toronto

Saturday, May 26, 2007

1 down, 1 to go

We made it through the first show, "Transistorized Feedback" -- a few missed cues, some over-effected voices, but for the most part a big success! The feedback, so to speak, was all very positive, though I didn't hear that many laughs from the audience. I think they were just stunned. As Chris told me, and this is something I've heard before about our stuff, you don't have time to process any punchlines because we're already on to the next joke. That's ok, that's the way aha aha we like it.

Lisa arrived from Portland in time to see the show. Afterwards we went out with Chris, Hilary, and a radio friend of theirs (I never caught his name) to a place Chris knew with a fantastic beer list and good food too. I had Thai mussels, yum.

Got back to the room and listened to my recording of the show on the Microtrack -- wasn't happy with the mix on headphones, much of the sound design is too loud and drowning out the voices. Damn! I was mixing to the room of course, where it was coming through 8 speakers in a circle around the room. But tonight I'll check on the headphones too -- we need a good stereo mix for the listeners at free103point9, not to mention when I air these back home on WMPG.

Now getting ready to do it again. The conference has already started, but there's no way I was getting there at 8:30 this morning. Noonish is more like it. Dan's at his B&B with Lisa now, I've got the room to myself. I'm hungry. More later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey - good luck.
Canadians...never get the joke till the next day anyway!!!